What's New for Coordinators
The new AL$ Coordinators listserv email address is als-coordinators at lists.calstate.edu
The AL$ RFP Campus Funding 2019/2020 is in process for award distribution in April 2019.
- Thank you for submitting your reports this past summer. Your collective efforts with your campus partners show a potential student savings of $18M. When we include the bookstore savings, the potential savings is $45M. Thank you to all for their dedication and hard work towards affordable course materials!
AL$ team requests: Fill in your AL$ Fall 2019 activities in the Events Sheet
Starting a new campus AL$ program? Looking to take your existing program to the next level?
Planning Your AL$ Initiative
Starting a new campus AL$ program?
- Review the campus AL$ request for proposal
- Join the AL$ MERLOT Voices community to receive updates, connect with other campus coordinators, and contact the ALS team with questions.
- Complete the AL$ RFP and associated project plan
- Review the Getting Started Checklist for more helpful tips and resources
- Bookmark the Shared AL$ Coordinators Google drive folder
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Looking to take your existing AL$ program to the next level?
Here are a few tips:
- Download the available suite of AL$ marketing materials including:
- Workshop ideas and sample agendas
- AL$ brochure
- MERLOT brochure
- Website banners and logos
- Auxiliary and Bookstore Resource guide
- And more!
- Add a link inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for faculty to find AL$ resources
- Add a link to the Merlot database inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for students to find AL$ resources
- Work with your bookstore manager and librarians to coordinate professional development, training, marketing, and outreach programs to improve the adoption of free and lower cost digital course materials.
- Promote, use and link your AL$ website to the CSU Affordable Learning Solutions Website
- Highlight and support Free DIGITAL Desk-Evaluation-Review Copies
- Participate in a campus “AL$ day” organized with your bookstore and library Contact AL$ for more information.
- Add “How to Use eTextbooks” to your library’s Information Literacy program Contact AL$ for more information.
- Read and Distribute AL$ Newsletters
- Learn more about the potential the Immediate Access / Inclusive Access Initiatives on your campus
- Add An OER (Open Educational Resources) Search Widget To Any Web Page
It's free, fast and simple to put OER search on your personal, professional or commercial Web site.
The 2019 AL$ Annual Meeting and the CCC/CSU OER Summit Follow Up
Event resources include:
The 2019 CSU and CA Community Colleges Joint Textbook Affordability Conference
AL$ Coordinators' requested resources: